Camtasia is a screen capture tool. It can capture audio, video, or both! It also has built-in editting tools. In LPS, this tool is used primarily to create video tutorials, such as the videos found in other places on this website.
- The best videos for this tool are found on the developer's website. Click here to go directly to their training videos. Direct links to my favorite video tutorials are also listed below:
- For best recording results - check your screen resolution (through System Preferences, Displays) before recording
- 'Adjust Canvas' size to match your screen resolution. This is typically:
To access 'Adjust Canvas' settings, control click in the preview area beside your clip, or
click the down-arrow on the zoom indicator
(%) and select the last option, 'Adjust Canvas'.
This setting should be the same for all segments within your video.
- For a crisp, full-page image, you will want to adjust the Scaling of all clips (using the gear icon) to 100%.
- For best exporting, simply "export" the by clicking on the "Share" menu and selecting "Export". Do not use the "Advanced Export" feature, as your video will likely end up with poor resolution.
- Camtasia is frequently used when "flipping" a classroom. Techsmith even has a page on their website just for the Flipped Classroom. You can find it here.