Dr. Mary A. Czajkowski, Ed.D. has served as the Lexington Superintendent of Schools since July 2015. Prior to Lexington, she served as the Barnstable Superintendent of Schools for four years. Previous to Barnstable, Dr. Czajkowski served as Superintendent of Schools in Agawam for nine years, and also served as the Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction for four years prior to her Superintendency. Dr. Czajkowski’s teaching career was in high school science, math, and physical education for sixteen years.
Dr. Czajkowski holds a Doctorate in Educational Leadership from NOVA Southeastern University in Florida, as well as a B.S. in Science and a Master’s degree in Education Administration from the University of Massachusetts in Amherst.
Dr. Czajkowski believes that students come first when setting education policy.
Dr. Czajkowski is a member of the American Association of School Administrators (AASA) and served as President of the Massachusetts Association of School Superintendents (MASS) in 2013-2014. During her career in education, she has received numerous awards including the following:
- Massachusetts School Library Media Association's (SLMA) Administrator Advocate for Excellence Award in 2002
- Phi Delta Kappa – Membership Recognition in 2005
- Massachusetts School Counselors’ Association's (MSCA) Superintendent of the Year Award in 2008
- American School Counselors’ Association's (ASCA) Advocate of the Year Award in 2010
- Massachusetts Association of School Superintendents – President’s Award in 2011
- One of Cape Cod’s 12 Most Influential Women Leaders in Cape Cod Magazine’s March 2014 edition
- Massachusetts Association of School Superintendents – Dr. Christos Daoulas Leadership Award in 2015
Among her appointments at the state education level, Dr. Czajkowski has served on the Educator Evaluation Task Force, the Educational Personnel Advisory Council, the Performance Assessment for Leaders Committee, and the Education Data Advisory Committee. Dr. Czajkowski also played a central role in the development of the MASS Superintendents’ Advisory Committee to the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and is currently a member. Most recently, Dr. Czajkowski was a member of Governor Patrick’s Task Force on School Safety and Security.