1. Promote the rights and responsibilities of all individuals as set forth in the State and Federal Constitutions, pertinent legislation, and applicable judicial interpretations.
2. Encourage positive experiences in human values for children, youth and adults, all of whom have differing personal and family characteristics and who come from various socioeconomic, racial and ethnic groups.
3. Work toward a more integrated society and to enlist the support of individuals as well as groups and agencies, both private and governmental, in such an effort.
4. Use all appropriate communication and action techniques to air and reduce the grievances of individuals and groups.
5. Carefully consider, in all the decisions made within the school system, the potential benefits or adverse consequences that those decisions might have on the human relations aspects of all segments of society.
6. Initiate a process of reviewing policies and practices of the school system in order to achieve to the greatest extent possible the objectives of this statement.
The Committee's policy of nondiscrimination will extend to students, staff, the general public, and individuals with whom it does business; No person shall be excluded from or discriminated against in admission to a public school of any town or in obtaining the advantages, privileges, and courses of study of such public school on account of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genderidentity, or disability. If someone has a complaint or feels that they have been discriminated against because of their race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability, their complaint should be registered with the Title IX compliance officer.
The compliance officer’s name and contact information may be obtained through the superintendent’s
Title VII, Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended by the Equal EmploymentOpportunity Act of 1972Executive Order 11246, as amended by E.O. 11375Equal Pay Act, as amended by the Education Amendments of 1972Title IX, Education Amendments of 1972Rehabilitation Act of 1973M.G.L. 76:5; Amended 2011M.G.L.76:16BESE regulations 603 CMR 26.00 Amended 2012BESE Regulations 603 CMR 28.00