The Principal, in conjunction with the school council, shall be responsible for preparing a written school improvement plan annually. This plan shall be written with the advice of the school council and submitted for approval to the Superintendent and review of the School Committee. The plan should be drafted with the following in mind:
- The educational goals for the school consistent with the goals and standards, including student performance standards, as adopted by the Massachusetts Board of Elementary and Secondary Education and by the School Committee.
- An assessment of the needs of the school in light of the proposed educational goals.
- The means to address student performance.
- Professional learning for the school's professional staff.
- he enhancement of parental involvement in the life of the school, safety, and discipline.
- The development of means for meeting the diverse learning needs of every child.
- Any further subjects as the Principal, in consultation with the school council, shall considerappropriate, except that: