It is the policy of the Lexington School Committee (“LSC”) to permit individuals or organizations to use school buildings to the extent that there is no interference with the educational programs. The complete control of school buildings and equipment is by law vested in the School Committee and the administration of the Rules and Regulations governing the buildings is delegated to the Superintendent of Schools or his/her designee. The procedures, policies and decisions related to the use of facilities must also be in accord with the Memorandum of Agreement between the Board of Selectmen, Town
Manger and the School Committee, Art. VIII, Section I.
3. When school buildings are used for non-school purposes, a rental fee may be charged to offset additional expenses (including heating, lighting, and other operating expenses) incurred by the public school system. Where fees are charged, they are pursuant to rates approved by the Public Facilities Board and School Committee. All rental fees will be collected by the Department of Public Facilities and be accounted for in a Public Facilities Rental Revolving Fund (See Section VIII *2 of the Memorandum of Understanding).
4. The School Committee does not provide school materials or equipment to individuals or groups.
5. There is no smoking in the buildings or on the grounds of the Lexington Public Schools.
6. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on school premises.
7. Beverages and food may be served and consumed only in approved areas.
8. Exceptions to these rules and regulations can only be made by the Superintendent or his/her designee.