LEXINGTON CHILDREN'S PLACEPRE-KINDERGARTEN STUDENT REGISTRATIONProgram description and registration procedure:Lexington Children’s Place currently provides 4 days a week of half and full day programming for up to 64 general education students and up to 54 children with significant learning needs. This program only serves families who reside in Lexington.
If you are a resident of Lexington and are pursuing a general education slot in Lexington’s Integrated Preschool Classroom, please complete this application and return it to LCP as designated in the cover letter.
Once LCP has received your application you will be notified by mail either with an acceptance letter or a wait-list letter. If your child is accepted, LCP will forward your name to the Central Registration Office and you can proceed with the online registration process at that time. If your child is wait-listed, you will be notified if and when a space becomes available, and that is when you should begin the online registration process.
If your child has been referred for evaluation, or if you are moving to Lexington with an accepted IEP for your child, please contact Director Liz Billings-Fouhy first.
All incoming Pre-K students must be pre-approved by the Director before registering online.Parents and students MUST have occupancy of their new home before registering.In addition to completing the online portion (link below) of the registration, please bring the following required forms and documentation to your registration appointment.Click to view and download a list of the required registration and health documents
- Your child’s birth certificate: original or certified copy (raised seal). A copy will be made at Central Registration and parent/guardians will keep the original.
- Parent/Guardian Valid Photo Identification
- One item from each Column (A, B and C) from the Student Registration Requirements table (each document must include the parent/guardian’s name and the Lexington address)
- Completed Certificate of Residency Form
- Completed LPS Student Health Information Form
- Completed Massachusetts Student Health Record and Immunization Form (template if needed) or a physical examination done within 12 months prior to entrance is acceptable
Parents/guardians of pre-K students who are pre-approved by the Director should register through our online registration link, which can be accessed via Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and IE 9,10 or 11. Chrome is the preferred browser.or copy/pasteinto your URL bar.Parents should schedule an in-person registration appointment from our online calendar when their child's online registration is complete. On-time appointments are important due to our consecutive registration appointments. In-person registration appointments that are 15 minutes late or longer, must be rescheduled due to other parent appointments immediately following.Please take note: online registrations where an in-person appointment has not been scheduled will be deleted from our records after 30 days.
- Completed Tuberculosis Test submitted – if needed
- Completed Town of Lexington Annual Street Listing (Census Data) Form
Due to the high volume of appointments, Central Registration does NOT take walk-ins. Thank you.
Address Changes- By Appointment ONLY
Registration appointments take place at:Lexington Public SchoolsCentral Administration Office146 Maple StreetLower Level, Room 9Lexington, MA 02420Please access the Central Registration Office entrance and parkingin the rear of the Central Administration Office Building.
- Any family who changes address within the Town of Lexington or Boston (METCO Program) must notify their student's school and call Central Registration (781) 861-2580 ext. 68100 within 5 days of moving to make an appointment and provide updated residency documentation. Please do not hesitate to call our office with questions.