ELEMENTARY SCHOOLSKINDERGARTEN, GRADE 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5NEW STUDENT REGISTRATIONLexington has six elementary schools: Bowman, Bridge, Estabrook, Fiske, Harrington and Hastings Elementary Schools.To verify your school attendance area, type your address into the Elementary Attendance Area Map.Parents/guardians of ALL NEW, INCOMING Grade K-5 students should register as follows:
- Parents/guardians of new, incoming Grades K-5 students should register through our online registration link, which can be accessed via Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and IE 9,10 or 11. Chrome is the preferred browser.
or copy/pasteinto your URL bar.
- Parents and students must have occupancy of their new home before registering.
- Parents may schedule an in-person registration appointment from our online calendar when their child's online registration is complete. On-time appointments are important due to our consecutive registration appointments. In-person registration appointments that are 15 minutes late or greater, must be rescheduled due to other parent appointments immediately following.
- Please take note: online registrations where an in-person appointment has not been scheduled will be deleted from our records after 30 days.
Due to the high volume of appointments, Central Registration does NOT take walk-ins. Thank you.
Address Changes- By Appointment ONLY
- Any family who changes address within the Town of Lexington or Boston must notify their student's school and call Central Registration (781) 861-2580 ext. 68100 within 5 days of moving to make an appointment and provide updated residency documentation. Please do not hesitate to call our office with questions.
Registration appointments take place at:Lexington Public SchoolsCentral Administration Office146 Maple StreetLower Level, Room 9Lexington, MA 02420Please access the Central Registration Office entrance and parkingin the rear of the Central Administration Office.Click to view and download a Checklist of the Required Registration and Health DocumentsClick to view and download the Parent/Guardian Letter for Incoming Kindergarten Students.When attending your child’s registration appointment, please bring the following required documentation and information:
- Incoming Kindergarten students must turn age 5 on or before August 31, 2017. There are no exceptions to the policy.
- Your child’s birth certificate: original or certified copy (raised seal). A copy will be made at Central Registration and parent/guardians will keep the original.
- Parent/Guardian Valid Photo Identification
- One item from each Column A, B and C from the Student Registration Requirements Checklist(each document must include the parent/guardian’s name and the Lexington address)
- Completed Certificate of Residency Form
- Completed LPS Student Health Information Form
- Completed Massachusetts Student Health Record and Certificate of Immunization Form (a physical examination within the past year prior to entrance is acceptable)
- Completed Tuberculosis Test submitted – if needed
For incoming Kindergarten students only:
- Information Form for Entering Kindergarteners
- Districtwide Kindergarten Orientation for parents/guardians of ALL incoming Lexington Public Schools Kindergarten students is scheduled for Thursday, March 16, 2017 at Bowman Elementary School.
6:45-7:00 pm: Information will be available for those interested in the English Language Learners Program (ELL), School Health Services, Transportation, Whitsons Food Services, Lextended Day, Lexington Education Foundation (LEF), and LexFUN.7:00-8:00 pm: Superintendent's Welcome, Assistant Superintendent's Remarks, an Overview of Lexington's Kindergarten Program
Bridge: May 16, 17Estabrook: May 19, 22Fiske: May 23, 24Harrington: May 23, 24Hastings: May 19, 22If you move into Lexington after these screening dates, please contact Dr. Kelly Chase at 781-861-2580 (Curriculum, Instruction and Professional Learning Office) or firstname.lastname@example.org regarding a Kindergarten Screening appointment.Additional information:Administrative Procedures for Requesting Out of Assigned School District Placement K-8 (pdf download)Out of Assigned School District Request Form (pdf download)
- In late May 2017, incoming Kindergarten students will participate in Kindergarten Screening in his/her school.
9 Philip RoadLexington, MAPhone: (781) 861-250055 Middleby RoadLexington, MA 02421Phone: (781) 861-2510117 Grove StreetLexington, MA 02420Phone: (781) 861-252055 Adams StreetLexington, MA 02420Phone: (781) 541-5001328 Lowell StreetLexington MA 02420Phone: (781) 860-00127 Crosby RoadLexington, MA 02421Phone: (781) 860-5800