Early Decision Agreement in Common App
Students who are applying Early Decision (ED) must sign a contract (agreement) that states that if they are accepted to the college/university they will attend and withdraw all other applications they have submitted.
The student and the student's parent/guardian must sign the agreement, as well as the student's school counselor.
Steps for students to sign the ED Agreement:
- Log into your Common App account.
- Select the "My Colleges" top tab.
- Choose the college/university where you will be applying ED.
- Click on the "Questions" link under the college/university name.
- Choose Early Decision for the "Preferred admission plan" question.
- Check the box next to the statement that you understand what applying ED means.
- Type your name into the "ED Signature" box.
- Complete all other required questions in this section and click the "Continue" button.
When these steps are completed, the student will need to invite their parent/guardian to sign the agreement as well.
Steps for inviting a Parent/Guardian to sign the ED Agreement:
- Click on the "FERPA & Recommenders" link under the college/university name.
- Scroll to the "Parent" section.
- Click the "Invite Parent" link.
- Enter your parent/guardian's name and email adress.
- Click the "Add Recommender" button.
- Click the "Close" button.
- Click the "Assign" button.
An email will be sent to the student's parent/guardian with a link for them to sign the ED Agreement.
The student's school counselor will sign the ED Agreement after the above steps have been completed.