Please note agendas for all School Committee meetings are posted as they are finalized for the committee prior to the meetings. Also, meetings times and locations are subject to change. If you have questions, please contact the Superintendent's Office.
LEXINGTON SCHOOL COMMITTEE MEETING
Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Lexington Town Office Building, Selectmen’s Meeting Room
1625 Massachusetts Avenue
All agenda items and the order of items are approximate and subject to change.
7:00 p.m. Call to Order and Welcome (3 minutes):
Public Comment – Written comments to be presented to the School Committee, oral
presentations not to exceed three minutes.
7:05 p.m. Superintendent Announcements:
7:15 p.m. School Committee Member Announcements:
7:25 p.m. Consent Agenda (5 Minutes)
- Vote to Accept Donation to the Maria Hastings School From Wilson Farms in the Amount of $275.00
- Approval of School Department Payroll Warrant dated May 11, 2018
- Approval of School Department Accounts Payable Warrant dated May 18, 2018
7:30 p.m. Agenda:
- Lexington Education Foundation Update (15 minutes)
- Update on Addressing Disparities in Student Discipline (25 minutes)
- LHS Visioning (25 minutes)
- Health Education Program Review - Year 1 (25 minutes)
- First Reading of Draft Policy EDE: Waste Reduction: Conservation, Recycling and Composting (20 minutes)
- School Start Times (40 minutes)
- Superindentend End of Year Self ASsessment (20 minutes)
10:20 p.m. Adjourn:
Policy AD: Mission/Vision of the Lexington Public SchoolsThe Lexington Public Schools serve to inspire and empower every student to become a lifelong learner prepared to be an active and resilient citizen who will lead a healthy and productive life. Educators, staff, parents, guardians and community members will honor diversity and work together to provide all students with an education that ensures academic excellence in a culture of caring and respectful relationships.