Learning Target # 1: I can explain what heat is and how it works
Learning Target # 2: I can describe the 3 types of heat transfer and give examples of each
LT1: I can accurately draw, label and compare diagrams of different waveforms
LT2: I can use a model to show how waves are transmitted, reflected, and absorbed
LT 2: I can use a diagram to explain how plate movement creates specific landforms.
LT 3: I can use maps and diagrams to explain how and where new lithosphere is created and old lithosphere is destroyed.
Plate Tectonics Quizizz CODE:831755
FOSSILS & RELATIVE DATING
1. I can use The Law of Superposition, Law of Crosscutting, & Index Fossils to…
a. Find the relative age of rock layers or fossils from the same locationb.
b. Find the relative age of rock layers or fossils from different locations
c. Match layers of rock to the geologic time scale (You DO NOT need to memorize the geologic time scale)
2. I can make decisions about whether or not a fossil could be used as an index fossil
3. I can use rock layers, fossil evidence and the law of superposition to determine how environments have changed over time.
- Relative Dating Study Guide
- Relative Dating Quizizz: Practice Quiz CODE: 166344
- Rocks, Fossils & Time reading p. 50 – 63 in FOSS Earth Science (user:apollosci pw:drummers)
CONTROLLED EXPERIMENTS & VARIABLES
- I can identify the different variables in a controlled experiment.
- I can design a controlled experiment.
3. Quizizz: Practice Quiz CODE: 931502
WEATHERING, EROSION, DEPOSITION
- I can describe the processes of weathering, erosion and deposition and give specific examples of each.
- I can identify what causes erosion and different methods that can be used to slow it down.
W.E.D. Quizizz Practice Quiz CODE: 951906
- I can explain density in terms of particles (atoms)
- I can explain density in terms of mass and volume
- I can calculate the density of a substance or object
- I can accurately predict whether or not an object will sink or float
- I can accurately measure distance, mass and volume using the appropriate tool and metric unit.