About:Clicker 6 is a customizable word processor that incorporates multi-media, including pictures, movies, voice recordings, word prediction and more. Here is some basic information on this tool:
If you have questions about this resource, just ask Rachel Kuberry.
- Generic name: Multi-media, customizable word processor
- Description of the software: This is an accessible picture-supported talking word processor with word prediction and customizable word banks. At its most basic, this software is a talking word processor. In order to increase support, you can add in word prediction, picture-supported word prediction, custom word banks, and more. Students can demonstrate their knowledge by typing, recording their voice, taking pictures, drawing pictures, making a book, etc...
- Assistive technology domains that the software addresses: Mechanics of Writing, Spelling, Composing Written Material, Reading - Decoding, Computer Access
- What does the software look like: Clicker 6 can do many different things and be customized to look many different ways. Here are some examples:
Handouts and Videos:Most of these handouts and videos are provided via links to the vendor's, Crick's, website. You can find Crick's full training website here.
Download the Handout:
Watch to Video:
Clicker 6 Quick Guide Handout : This is a quick overview of the software
NoneClicker 6 Detailed Overview : This provides a more detailed overview of the software, including some information about toolbars and the variety of uses of the software THE CLICKER DOCUMENT: CREATING ACTIVITIES CUSTOMIZATIONS LEARNING GRIDS ADVANCED EDITINGNone
- You can find out more on the publisher's website
- Go here to download the full Clicker 6 manual
- Learning Grids: This is the publisher's "sharing" website. You can sign up for free and then download lessons and activities that other teachers have uploaded.
- Click here to go to the webpage for the district-wide Clicker training held on November 28, 2012 and January 16, 2013.