Library News & Resources: September 2018
Welcome to the Fiske Library. I am looking forward to getting to know you!
- For book lists, Flipster, and other helpful links, visit the Fiske Library Catalog Home Page: http://destiny.lexingtonma.org/common/servlet/presenthomeform.do?l2m=Home&tm=Home
- Stuck in the same old reading rut? Here are some recent titles in the Fiske Library: https://lps-lexingtonma.libguides.com/fiskelibrarygreatbooks
- Looking for books that reflect something about you or give you a glimpse into someone else's experience? Check out the Fiske Library Windows and Mirrors LibGuide: http://lps-lexingtonma.libguides.com/windowsandmirrorsfiske
Digital Materials at the Fiske Library!
Did you know the Fiske Library has a growing digital collection? As of this writing, there are four interactive “LightBox” books, 40 digital audiobooks, and 79 eBooks for your digital reading pleasure.
Students in grades three through five were given brightly colored bookmarks to take home to remind them how to access the digital collection from home, but I would like to share that information with parents as well.
- Go to http://destiny.lexingtonma.org
- Click on Fiske Elementary
- Click on the Catalog tab
- Click on Destiny Discover on the left
- Log in using your school username/password to read, listen to, or check out a book.
Destiny Discover is also available as a free application for tablets and phones. With the app, you will be able to download eBooks and digital audiobooks for offline reading and listening. With the summer travels coming up, what a great way to take your digital collection along for the ride!