- Text to speech - CoWriter will read text aloud automatically, or you can highlight a selection of text and click the read button.
- Topic dictionaries - These topic dictionaries are pre-set or customizable and allow you to tell CoWriter what topic you're talking about, so it knows the vocabulary better. For example, if you're typing about bacteria, you should use the bacteria topic dictionary as the vocabulary is rather specific and CoWriter will work better if it knows what you're typing about.
- Personal dictionaries: These personal dictionaries are really personal topic dictionaries. You can create your own dictionaries to tell help CoWriter learn new vocabulary! This is a great option for proper nouns, like your last name, that CoWriter might not automatically know.
- Linguistic word prediction: CoWriter has the most sophisticated word prediction engine of any word prediction software. It uses the context of the whole sentence that you've typed to predict what word you are trying to type next.
- FlexSpell: This feature allows CoWriter to provide you with word prediction options even when you use "creative" spelling. For example, if you spell elephant as lfnt, CoWriter will still predict elephant!
- Word banks: These feature allows you to display a static word bank on the computer screen. You can then click on words from the word bank and they will go into your body of text. Additionally, words from the word bank will auto-populate in the prediction window!
If you have questions about this tool, just ask Rachel Kuberry.