May and June Learning Targets
Reader's Meet the Characters in Our Books
- Using Reading Logs and Stamina Charts
- Planning for talking about our books
- Book Recommendations
- What characters do can teach us about them
- " What kind of a person is the character?"
- Readers use strategies when it s hard to get to know the character
- Readers notice characters' feelings and how they change
- Writing Realistic Fiction
- Writing Poetry
- Suffix endings ( ed, es, s, ing)
- Adjectives, Verbs, Nouns
- Compound words
- Practicing the correct formation of all letters and numbers
- ( see Handwriting link on homepage for language to practice at home)
Math UNIT 9 & 10: Student Friendly Goals
- I can count to 120 starting at any number.
- I can read any number to 120.
- I can write any number up to 120.
- I can show how many tens and ones are in a number.
- I know how many tens and ones are in a numbers.
- I can add ten to a number.
- I can subtract ten from a number.
- I can use cubes and drawings to show how to add a two-digit number to a one-digit number.
- I can use cubes and drawings to show how to subtract a one-digit number from a two-digit number.
- I can use cubes and drawings to add a number that is a count of ten (10, 20, 30, 40...) to a two-digit number.
- I can use cubes and drawing to add a number that is a count of ten (10, 20, 30,40...) to a number that is a count of 10.
- I can use cubes or drawings to subtract a number that is a count of ten (10, 20, 30, 40...) from a number that is a count of 10.
- I can accurately add ten to any number in my head.
- I can say when an object is longer or shorter than another object.
- I can say how much longer one object is from another.
- I can say how much less one object is from another.
- I can organize three objects by length from shortest to longest.
- I can compare the length of three objects.
- I know a penny is worth 1¢.
- I know a nickel is worth 5¢.
- I know a dime is worth 10¢.
- I know a quarter is worth 25¢.
- I can compare the value of two coins.
- I can show the same amount of money using different combinations of coins.
- I can label an amount of money with the cents symbol.
- I can organize a collection of coins from greatest value to least value.
- I can organize and add the value of a collection of coins.
- Life Cycles
- Map Skills
- Problem Solving
- Apology Contract
- Sharing Topics
- Morning Meeting