Please note agendas for all School Committee meetings are posted as they are finalized for the committee prior to the meetings. Also, meetings times and locations are subject to change. If you have questions, please contact the Superintendent's Office.
LEXINGTON SCHOOL COMMITTEE MEETINGThursday, October 12, 2017Cary Memorial Building, Estabrook Hall1605 Massachusetts AvenueInformation Packet for Meeting (download format)All agenda items and the order of items are approximate and subject to change.7:00 p.m. Call to Order and Welcome (3 minutes): Public Comment - Written comments to be presented to the School Committee, oral presentations not to exceed three minutes.7:05 p.m. Superintendent Announcements:7:15 p.m. School Committee Member Announcements:7:25 p.m. Consent Agenda
7:30 p.m. Agenda:
- Vote to Approve PTO donation checks to each high school class in the amount of $700.00 each (class of 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Proposed FY19-23 Capital Budget - Schools (20 minutes)
- Proposed FY19-23 Capital Budget - School Facilities (20 minutes)
- Policy Reading #2-DGA: Authorized Signatures (5 minutes)
- Vote Payroll and Accounts Payable Approval Process (5 minutes)
- Policy Reading #1 - JICI: Weapons in Schools (10 minutes)
- Discussion of Special Town Meeting Articles (10 minutes)
- Discussion and Appoint STM 2017-2, Article 2: Appropriate for Hastings School Construction.
- Discussion and Appoint STM 2017-2, Article 3: Appropriate Design Funds for Lexington Children's Place/20 Pelham Road
- Discussion and Appoint STM 2017, Article 11: Appropriate for Lexington High School Security System Design
- Discussion of STM-3, Article 3: Amend General ByLaws - Recreational Marijuana
- Discussion & VOte of MASC Resolutions (10 minutes)
- Discussion of LHS Graduation Requirements Working Group(20 minutes)
- Vote to Appoint Two School Committee Members to Serve on Superintendent Search Committee (10 minutes)
- Discussion of Superintendent's Search Process and Vote on Issuing an RFP for Superintendent Search Consultant (30 minutes)
9:50 p.m. AdjournPolicy AD: Mission/Vision of the Lexington Public SchoolsThe Lexington Public Schools serve to inspire and empower every student to become a lifelong learner prepared to be an active and resilient citizen who will lead a healthy and productive life. Educators, staff, parents, guardians and community members will honor diversity and work together to provide all students with an education that ensures academic excellence in a culture of caring and respectful relationships.
Last Modified on October 16, 2017