Please note agendas for all School Committee meetings are posted as they are finalized for the committee prior to the meetings. Also, meetings times and locations are subject to change. If you have questions, please contact the Superintendent's Office.
LEXINGTON SCHOOL COMMITTEE MEETING
Tuesday, April 24, 2018
Lexington Town Office Building, Selectmen’s Meeting Room
1625 Massachusetts Avenue
All agenda items and the order of items are approximate and subject to change.
7:00 p.m. Call to Order and Welcome (3 minutes):
Public Comment – Written comments to be presented to the School Committee, oral
presentations not to exceed three minutes.
7:05 p.m. Superintendent Announcements:
7:10 p.m. School Committee Member Announcements:
7:15 p.m. Consent Agenda (5 Minutes)
- Approval of School Department Payroll Warrant dated April 13, 2018
- Approval of School Department Accounts Payable Warrant dated April 20, 2018
- Vote to Approve School Committee Minutes of February 6, 2018
- Vote to Approve School Committee Minutes of February 27, 2018
7:20 p.m. Agenda:
- Public Hearing School Choice (10 minutes)
- Discussion of Swimming Pool Facility Options (30 minutes)
- Enrollment Projections Update (20 minutes)
- Third Quarter Financial Report (10 minutes)
- Discussion of School Start Time Options (40 minutes)
- Vote on School Master Planning Committee (15 minutes)
9:05 p.m. Adjourn:
Policy AD: Mission/Vision of the Lexington Public SchoolsThe Lexington Public Schools serve to inspire and empower every student to become a lifelong learner prepared to be an active and resilient citizen who will lead a healthy and productive life. Educators, staff, parents, guardians and community members will honor diversity and work together to provide all students with an education that ensures academic excellence in a culture of caring and respectful relationships.