Sixth Grade Homework Policy
- We follow the school committee homework policy: 15-20 minutes per class per night.
- If an assignment takes longer than 20 minutes of focused work time, please sign the homework and the student should talk to the teacher about getting extra help on it. Please email the teacher or team leader if homework consistently takes longer than these expectations.
- Please talk with your student about setting up an appropriate time and place to do homework.
- Homework is posted on individual teacher websites and our team maintains a team calendar for test/quiz/project due dates.
- Sixth graders need teacher and parent support to manage these new expectations of time for homework. We know that some students feel overwhelmed at first about anticipated amounts of homework, but we have found that later in the year, most students report that it is not as much as they thought it would be.