Teacher may send home projects to work on at home with family members. There are also some things that children can do outside of school to help make their Kindergarten experience the best it can be:
- Get lots of sleep...10 hours a night is recommended for 5 and 6 year olds.
- Eat healthy foods.
- Get plenty of exercise.
- Listen to a book-storybook, nonfiction, poetry- whatever interests your child!
Although there is no written homework in Kindergarten, there will occasionally be special assignments that we might ask you and your child to complete.
- As a way to help us build our classroom community, we do ask families at the beginning of the year to fill out a page all about your family.
- Around the 100th Day of School there is a special project for students that involves counting to 100!
- The Important Person project asks families to gather objects, complete a timeline and personal survey as well as to create a simple collage.
If any of the tasks that we are sending home do not work for your child or your family, please be sure to let me know.
The Bowman K Team