Private School Application Process
Private School Info
All students(6th-8th)who plan on applying to private school(s) for following school year must meet with their school counselor and hand in all of the necessary paperwork in before December 22, 2017.
However, if the private school(s) you're applying to has an online registration process, please be sure you have the correct email address for all of your teachers and school counselor. The staff's email address is the initial of our first name, last name @domain.
Nate Wilcox (8th grade counselor), email@example.com
Sharon May (7th grade counselor), smay@lexingtonmaorg
Mike Ng (6th grade counselor), firstname.lastname@example.orgWhen coming to your school counselor you must:
Please bring all forms from the private school(s) you are applying to your school counselor and we will distribute the teacher recommendation forms to them. If there is a specific teacher you want to fill out the forms, please let us know.
- Bring in a stamped 10"x13" envelope, addressed to EACH private school you are applying for.
- We've streamlined the process and the private schools appreciate getting all the information at once from the school counselor.
- PLEASE remember, you are asking for a recommendation. Keep in mind this is extra work for your teachers. Say "Thank you."
- The school counseling office will coordinate having all your recommendations and transcripts sent to the schools you are applying to.
- Please contact your school counselor with any questions.
Once you make the decision to attend a private school, you must notify our counseling secretary, Mrs. Swanson in the counseling office in room 220, that you're no longer enrolling in the Lexington Public Schools. A parent/guardian will have to come in and sign a release form, so we can send your new school all of your records at the end of the school year.
We recommend that you visit schools, take tours, meet current students and gather as much information as possible to help you make the decision about which school is best for you. We always suggest that you write a Thank You note to any school that you visit.
Please note:Diamond Faculty and Staff are more than willing to complete private school applications. Please encourage your student to narrow their choices to no more than 5 schools. If you submit more than 5 applications, faculty and staff will use only the common applications for all of the schools. Given the number of recommendations requested, this is the only fair way to meet the needs of all students. Thank you for your understanding.