2018 THEME: Learn a New Language!
Expand Your Mind... Expand Your Heart... Expand Your World!
- Each entry must be an original work of a current foreign language student (including students enrolled in an ESL class) whose teacher is currently a MaFLA member. No group entries will be accepted.
- LIMIT:5 (FIVE) entries per school.
- Teachers must submit the official entry form with their entries.
- Teachers are required to put the requested information on the back of the poster.
- All entries become the property of MaFLA.
- All posters must incorporate the exact wording of the theme.
- Posters must measure the standard poster size of 22″ x 28″ and have a flat surface with no moving parts. No three-dimensional posters will be accepted.
- Use lightweight poster material.Posters should be mailed in a 3″ or larger tube.
- Paints, markers, pencils, crayons, inks, gel pens may be used. Glitter, glue, charcoals, or tape on the front of the poster will not be accepted nor will computer generated posters.
- Illustrations must be used in addition to words and must be relevant to the theme.
- There must be a TWO inch margin on all sides free of design and lettering.
- No copyrighted figures such as Snoopy, Disney characters, Family Guy, Simpsons etc. may be used.
- Damaged posters will be disqualified.
Please note: Any posters that do not meet all of the criteria will be disqualified.
- One poster will be selected as Poster of the Year; artist will receive a check for $50; poster will be displayed at the MaFLA Conference.
- There will be only one winner per division. (grades K-5, grades 6-8, and grades 9-12) For the division producing the Poster of the Year, no division award will be given).
- Divisional winners will receive a check for $25.These awards may be presented by a MaFLA Board Member at the student’s school awards ceremony in the spring.
- Several honorable mention posters will be selected and featured at the MaFLA Fall Conference.
- All entrants will receive a certificate of participation.
- A letter of appreciation will be sent to all MaFLA members whose students participate in the contest. In addition, letters of appreciation will be sent to the principal and superintendent of participating schools.
- Winners will be posted on mafla.org. Certificates and acknowledgments will be sent out at a later date.