WelcomeMETCO FamiliesI am so excited to get started in this 2014-2015 school year. As METCO Elementary Social Worker, I will work with individual students and small groups. Together with you and other school staff, I will assess needs, develop and implement plans, provide services or resources and make appropriate referrals.I look forward to working with children and parents. Please feel free to contact me for help with any issues or concerns you have which may interfere with your child's success in school.
There are a wide variety of reasons why a student may want to see the METCO social worker.
These reasons include:
- Mental Health Concerns (depression, anxiety, anger, etc.)
- Self-harm (cutting, burning, etc.) or other high-risk behavior
- Poor Attendance (including school anxiety)
- Academic Failure or Underachievement
- Behavior Problems/Self-Regulation
- Bullying (victim or perpetrator)
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Unmet Basic Needs (including students experiencing homelessness)
- Friendship/Social Problems
- Grief/Loss or Serious Illness in the Family
- Family Change (divorce, separation, moving, etc.)
- Need Access to Community Services