I am very excited to work with you all this year. We will be conducting experiments, asking questions, creating projects, and having FUN while we become better scientists.
Please email me at any time if you have questions about this course.
Please note that students will use the Google Classroom page for many assignments.
CLASS MATERIALS- Please bring all materials to class by Tuesday, 9/4
- Composition notebook (you will likely use 2 this year- bring one to class and leave the other at home or in your locker for now) Here is an example!
- 1 divider tab(to create a Science section in your "big binder")
- Pen or pencil- I recommend carrying a pencil bag with several writing utensils to each class so that you are always prepared!
- Homework notebook/agenda - this will be given to you at school
- Glue stick and/or roll of Scotch tape that can be collected by Mrs. Stoler and shared with the entire team.
- Optional Materials: These will be provided in class, but some students may wish to have their own:
- Glue Stick
- Scotch tape
- Markers and/or colored pencils
This Year's Topics:
1. Measuring Matter
2. Uncovering Earth's Layers
3. Continental Drift and Plate Tectonics
4. Energy and Waves
5. Weather6. Human Impacts on Our EarthNGSS Science Practices (these will be embedded throughout the course)
1. Asking Questions
2. Developing and Using Models
3. Planning and Carrying Out Investigations
4. Analyzing and Interpreting Data
5. Using Mathematics and Computational Thinking
6. Constructing Explanations
7. Engaging in Argument from Evidence
8. Obtaining, Evaluating, and Communicating Information