The Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) supports children, parents, and staff at the Maria Hastings Elementary School. We deliver a wide variety of programs and activities, including:
- educational enrichment programs and events, such as our Big Backyard program, Science Fair, and Family Math Nights
- visual and performing arts programs through our Arts Created Together (ACT) committee
- mini-grants to address classroom and grade-level needs, as well as professional development of staff
- community oriented celebrations and events, including the Harvest 5K Run/Walk, the Multicultural Potluck Dinner, and our long running Talent Show
- scholarship funds to ensure that all of our community members can participate fully in school activities
The number one reason to join the Hastings PTO and get involved is to benefit your child and to help your school. It's a fabulous way to get connected and to learn about what is going on at Hastings.
To support our many activities, we rely on the efforts of many volunteers to deliver the programs and raise the money needed to fund them. Please consider getting involved and help us make a difference in the lives of our children!