Please note agendas for all School Committee meetings are posted as they are finalized for the committee prior to the meetings. Also, meetings times and locations are subject to change. If you have questions, please contact the Superintendent's Office.
LEXINGTON SCHOOL COMMITTEE MEETING
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
Lexington Town Hall, Selectmen's Meeting Room
1625 Massachusetts Avenue
All agenda items and the order of items are approximate and subject to change.
6:30 p.m. Call to Order:
6:31 p.m. Executive Session:
Exemption 3 - To Discuss Strategy with Respect to Collective Bargaining for ALA
7:00 p.m. Return to Public Session and Welcome (3 minutes): Public Comment - Written comments to be presented to the School Committee, oral presentations not to exceed three minutes.
Present Former Chair, Margaret Coppe, with a Chair
7:03 p.m. Superintendent Announcements:
7:08 p.m. School Committee Member Announcements:
7:13 p.m. Consent Agenda
- Approve School Committee Minutes from February 6, 2017
- Request for Approval of Donation to Lexington High School from Wilson Farms for the "Shop your day at Wilsons" in the amount of $591.00
- Request for Approval of Donations to the Track and Field Team at Lexington High School from Wellie Ma, in the amount of $10,000.
7:18 p.m. Agenda:
9:58 p.m. Adjourn
- Vote to Approve Expansion of First Grade and Second Grade for FUSE Preschool (10 minutes)
- 16-17 School Improvement Plan Results and a Goal from the 2017-2018 plan (30 minutes)
- Homework Policy Second Reading - Public Hearing (20 minutes)
- Vote on Homework Policy (10 minutes)
- Vote on Continuation of After-School Elementary Rider Program for 2018-2019 and Beyond Program (10 minutes)
- Vote on Recommended 2017-2018 School Committee Meeting Calendar (10 minutes)
- Vote on Recommended 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 DRAFT School calendar (10 minutes)
- Update on Clarke, Diamond, Bridge, Bowman and Fiske Building Projects (15 minutes)
- Budget Transfers FY17 (5 minutes)
- Vote to Renew Ellen Sugita as Director of Special Education of Lexington Public Schools from July 1, 2017-June 30, 2020 (10 minutes)
- Discussion about Pre-Registration (10 minutes)
Policy AD: Mission/Vision of the Lexington Public Schools
The Lexington Public Schools
serve to inspire and empower every student to become a lifelong learner
prepared to be an active and resilient citizen who will lead a healthy and
productive life. Educators, staff,
parents, guardians and community members will honor diversity and work together
to provide all students with an education that ensures academic excellence in a
culture of caring and respectful relationships.