Please note agendas for all School Committee meetings are posted as they are finalized for the committee prior to the meetings. Also, meetings times and locations are subject to change. If you have questions, please contact the Superintendent's Office.
LEXINGTON SCHOOL COMMITTEE MEETING
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
Lexington Town Office Building, Selectmen’s Meeting Room
1625 Massachusetts Avenue
All agenda items and the order of items are approximate and subject to change.
7:00 p.m. Call to Order and Welcome (3 minutes):
Public Comment – Written comments to be presented to the School Committee, oral
presentations not to exceed three minutes.
7:05 p.m. Superintendent Announcements:
7:15 p.m. School Committee Member Announcements:
7:25 p.m. Consent Agenda (5 Minutes)
- Approval of School Department Payroll Warrant dated June 8, 2018
- Approval of School Department Accounts Payable Warrant dated June 15, 2018
- Approval of Donation from Community Members to Hastings School in the Amount of $9,025.00
- Approval of French Exchange Donaiton in the Amount of $300.00 for LHS
- Approval of Donation from Shop at Wilson Farms Day in the Amount of $430.00 for LHS
- Approval of Donation from FOLMADS (Friends of LexingtonMusic and Drama Students) in the Amount of $6,072.15 for LHS Performing Arts
- Approval of School Committee Minutes from March 20, 2018
7:30 p.m. Agenda:
- Professional Teacher Status (PTS) Recognition (30 minutes)
- Science and Technology/Engineering Curriculum rEview Y2 (20 minutes)
- LCP, Hasting, Clarke & Diamond Update (40 minutes)
- Discussion of School Start Time Options (30 minutes)
- FY2018 Budget Transfers (10 minutes)
- Accept Report and Minutes and Dissolve Superintendent Search Committee (10 minutes)
- Superintendent End-of-Cycle Evaluation (20 minutes)
10:10 p.m. Adjourn:
Policy AD: Mission/Vision of the Lexington Public SchoolsThe Lexington Public Schools serve to inspire and empower every student to become a lifelong learner prepared to be an active and resilient citizen who will lead a healthy and productive life. Educators, staff, parents, guardians and community members will honor diversity and work together to provide all students with an education that ensures academic excellence in a culture of caring and respectful relationships.