Lexington High SchoolCounselingHELPFUL LINKS AND INFORMATIONScheduling Information
Seminar begins on September 17th (Day 1). Please check your schedules to see when your seminar is scheduled to meet. If you do not see seminar on your schedule, please reach out to your counselor.
Please bring the following to seminar:
- Your yellow Post-Secondary Planning Guide from Junior Seminar. If you cannot find it, you can download it here: https://sites.google.com/lexingtonma.org/lhspost-secondaryplanning/post-secondary-guidebook
If you did not receive one last year (illness, transfer after seminar, etc), we have a limited number of extras.
- Computer: either your school-issued chromebook or a personal device that can utilize the Chrome or Firefox browsers (Naviance does not always function correctly in Safari).
- Log-in information for any websites you may need to access: Naviance, Common App, Collegeboard. Counselors do not have access to all of your accounts.
Freshman SeminarHello Freshmen!The Counselors enjoyed getting to know all of you through Freshman Counselor Seminar! Now that seminar is coming to an end, please read the important information
regarding Counselor Freshman Seminar.
- The final day of Freshman Counselor Seminar is Wednesday, November 20 (Day 6). Beginning Thursday, November 21 (Day 1), you will return to the "Study/Sem 9th" Study Hall that you attended before Counselor Seminar began.
- Please review your schedule to check which block you are scheduled for "Study/Sem 9th."
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your counselor.The LHS Counseling Department
- If you have another class that has been approved to conflict with Freshman Counselor Semina
r, you should once again attend the conflicting class, and not counselor seminar.
Welcome to LHS! Please read the important information regarding Counselor Freshman Seminar.
Freshman Counselor Seminars will begin on Thursday, October 24. Please review your schedule to check which block you have counselor seminar. The course description should read "Counselor Seminar - 9th," and the course # should read "CS9-section #" (for example, CS9-035).
If you have a study hall associated with your counselor seminar block, please make sure to follow the study hall block that matches your counselor seminar block until counselor seminar begins on 10/24. The study hall block associated with counselor seminar should read "Study/Sem 9th" for the description, and read "SS9-section #" (for example, SS9-019). If you have another class that has been approved to conflict with Freshman Counselor Seminar (Examples: supported study, PE, band/chorus), please attend that class until counselor seminar begins on 10/24.
If you are NOT scheduled for a Freshman Counselor Seminar, your school counselor will communicate a plan to you to make sure you receive the information contained in the counselor seminar curriculum.
We look forward to getting to know you! Good luck with the beginning of the school year!
PARENTS & GUARDIANS! JOIN US NOVEMBER 20th!!
PLEASE NOTE THIS EVENT HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE SCIENCE LECTURE HALL
Counseling Program Information
The counseling and guidance services at Lexington High School are provided by a nineteen-member department, including eleven school counselors, three Social Workers, three administrative assistants, the registrar, the assistant registrar, and the LHS/K-12 Assistant Director.Lexington High Counseling Department Mission StatementThe mission of the Counseling Department is to promote social/emotional, academic, and career development for all students. We help students to form healthy choices, to acquire a sense of civic responsibility, and to develop the skills necessary to realize their individual goals. Together, we support access and equity for all learners, embrace diversity, and encourage collaboration in our school and community.
Adopted January 7, 2008
Revised January 10, 2008Confidentiality
A counseling relationship requires an atmosphere of trust and confidence which must not be compromised by the counselor except where there is a clear and present danger to the counselee or to other persons. The school counselor may share information gained in the counseling process for essential consultation with other appropriate persons specifically concerned with the student.
Helpful LinksLHSTown of LexingtonOutside Resources