William Diamond Middle School
7th & 8th Grade Ski & Board Trip
Dates of Trip: March 16 — March 18, 2018
Departure: 3:30 p.m. on Friday, March 16 (from rear entrance of Diamond MS)
Return: ~6 p.m. on Sunday, March 18 (at rear entrance of Diamond MS)
Cost of Trip: $420 includes:
- Bus Transportation (via motor coach)
- Lodging (Comfort Inn St Johnsbury)
- Friday Night Pizza @ Hotel
- Breakfast on Saturday & Sunday
- Dinner Saturday Night @ Jay Peak Resort
- 2-Day Lift Ticket @ Jay Peak, Vermont
- Saturday Night Admission to Jay Peak Pump House Water Park
Cost does NOT include:
- Friday night dinner (fast food or packed dinner)
- Lunches on Saturday and Sunday at Jay Peak
- Rentals ($45 additional for the weekend; includes helmet, skis, boots, and poles or helmet, snowboard, and boots)
- Lessons ($46 additional for one 1.5-hour lesson)
- First-time package ($73 additional for 2-day rental and two 1.5-hour lessons)
The Ski & Board Trip is limited to 80 seventh and eighth-grade students. Eighth-grade students will have priority and will be taken on a first-come-first-served basis. If there are any spots left over, 7th graders will be taken on a first-come-first-served basis.
To register your interest in the trip, submit a check of $150.00 by Friday, December 1 payable to “Diamond PTA.” Please put student name in the memo area of the check. (Limited financial aid is available. If you need financial assistance, please contact Bayard Klimasmith, email@example.com)
- Friday, December 1, 2017: Deposit check of $150 due to Main Office.
- Friday, January 12, 2018: Roommate choices, medical form, liability form, and rental form due.
- Thursday, February 1, 2018: Invoices for final payment given to students ($270 plus any rental or lesson charges).
- Friday, February 9, 2018: Final invoice payment due.
- Monday, February 26, 2018: 7:00 – 8:00 p.m.: Mandatory Meeting for all participants and a parent or guardian in the Diamond Auditorium.
- Because of the need to reserve transportation and accommodations, money can only be refunded to students IF their space is filled from the waiting list.
- Students on this trip are expected to display responsible, reliable, respectful behavior in school and on the trip. The administration reserves the right to exclude students from the trip if they engage in significant infractions of school rules or display patterns of irresponsible behavior.
- Students will be sleeping in rooms of up to five students each. Students are guaranteed one roommate of their choice.