IJOC: SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS
It is the policy of the School Committee to encourage volunteer efforts in the schools. Parents/guardians, business representatives, citizens, and other community volunteers are recognized as important sources of support and expertise that enhance instructional programming and serve as vital communication links with the community. Any volunteer program will be coordinated in cooperation with building administrators.
It is a privilege, not a right, to volunteer. All volunteers will comply with the following:
- Volunteers are present to serve all students.
- Volunteers shall abide by confidentiality principles and will not repeat information about students.
- Volunteers work under the supervision and authority of staff members.
- Staff members alone are responsible for managing a class and students.
- At no time will a volunteer engage in any form of discipline.
- Volunteers who observe and learn of anything that concerns them regarding a student-school matter will bring these concerns to the attention of the classroom teacher or school principal in a timely fashion.
- Volunteers will comply with CORI registration as well as school building sign-in, safety, and other required procedures.
Lexington Public Schools, Lexington MA
Adopted by Lexington School Committee: July 2015