KBE: RELATIONS WITH PARENT ORGANIZATIONS
To foster relationships with parents that encourage the home and school to work together to establish and achieve common educational goals for students, the Superintendent and the professional staff will:
- Consult with and encourage parents to share in school planning and in setting objectivesand evaluating programs.
- Help parents understand the educational process and their role in promoting it.
- Provide for parent understanding of school operations.
- Provide opportunities for parents to be informed of their student's development and the criteria for its measurement.
To accomplish the above and to enhance communications between parents and school officials, the Committee encourages the maintenance of formal parent organizations at each school building. For this purpose the Committee will officially recognize a parent organization at each building. These procedures will be observed:
- Organizations will be officially recognized upon request by the building Principal who will file a copy of the organizational papers with the Superintendent.
- A vote, open to all parents of students enrolled, will designate the organization to be recognized if more than one organization makes the request.
Lexington Public Schools, Lexington MA
Adopted by Lexington School Committee: July 2015